Monday, October 11, 2010

Isn't it Iconic and The Power of The Box

1)  I feel that packaging is very important in marketing a product because it has to be able to catch the consumers eye so they will at least consider the product.  Its like judging a book by its cover, because your not going to want to read a book if the cover is not appealing to you at all.  When a product is put out on the market, the packaging of the product results in a hit or miss.  If the packaging is not appealing then its sells will be significantly lower and vice versa.  When I was younger I always wanted my mom to buy me Lunchables becaue they always looked so cool to me with all the different colors and pictures on the box. 

2)  When I think about Stacey King Gordan's five requirements of being a iconic package, I think of Gatorade.  For every flavor it releases, it uses simple colors so it is not too much to look at.  It also has a unique bottle shape that no other drink really has.  The bottle is very distinguishable from others because of the big G on the bottle.  Most importantly, the product inside the package tastes exceptionally good.

3)  Usability plays a pretty big role in packaging.  The product should look good, but also the package should be able to do its job and meet certain needs of the consumer.  For example, gum packages are made so that it easily fits in your pocket and so that you are able to grab a piece of gum with no difficulty at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment