Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Emotional Design cont.

1)  The passage i chose was "In the best of cirumstances, the visceral reaction to appearance works so well that people take one look and say 'I wasnt it." (pg 69)  I found this passage interesting because i always find myself doing this when i see something very cool. 

2)  I think that visceral and behavioral are very useful categories, whereas not so much reflective because I am still not sure as to what it fully means.  Visceral should be changed to visual because this type of design focuses mainly on how good the product looks.  Another name for behavioral should be functional becasue this design mainly focuses on how weel the product actually does its job.  I don't know another name to use for reflective because I am still confused on what it means.

3)  A designer can decide what type of design to use by thinking about what group of people they are going to try and sell to.  Younger children may just care about how colorful a toy is, so the designer would focuses on using more of the visceral design concept.  Adults would rather have things that work efficiently, so the designer uses behavioral when creating an object.  Products definatly have more of a type of design than others because different products are intended for different purposes and people.

No comments:

Post a Comment